Fire Scare at the Newman residence
Well, let's just say we had a little excitement happen at our house yesterday. The fan/chandelier finally came for the baby's room. So Scott and Standish (who was visiting for the weekend) were installing it. They were doing a fine job and were somewhat excited to get it over with so they could go hit a few wineries after Scott's "Honey Do List" was completed. They finished and Scott went to turn the electricity back on. We hit the light switch and walla the light came on. As I stood there I said, "I think I see smoke coming out of it!". Both Scott's told me I was seeing things. Then Scott hit the light switch off and the light did not go off! He blurted a few obscenities and ran to the circuit breaker box. As I made my way out to the front of the house I hear, "Call 911, we have a fire!!!" The fire department (all 3 engines) came and were at our house for well over an hour. Apparently, the wiring is too old for the new wattage that we installed. As this was all happening - I was in the middle of cooking a family dinner (good thing I was thinking ahead and had put it in the oven early). We ended up having no power for about 3 hours. So I moved the ribs out to the BBQ and Scott whipped out the camping stove for the rest of the stuff. An electrician showed up and restored power to half the house and we had a great dinner. Now we are awaiting another electrician to redo the wiring and restore the electricity to the rest of the house. We are very thankful this is all that happened, as it could have been much worse!
Other than that - we are growing and approaching week 30! I am getting all kinds of comments like, "when are you due?" "how much longer?" - thus meaning I am starting to look very pregnant. I have family coming up this weekend to help out with the finishing touches on the baby room and other stuff around the house. Looking forward to it.
Other than that - we are growing and approaching week 30! I am getting all kinds of comments like, "when are you due?" "how much longer?" - thus meaning I am starting to look very pregnant. I have family coming up this weekend to help out with the finishing touches on the baby room and other stuff around the house. Looking forward to it.

1 Comments:
We're so glad no one was hurt!
Post a Comment
<< Home